Baby-Sitter’s Club random links.
If you look at my categories, you can probably tell that the Baby-Sitter’s Club was very important to me growing up, nearly as important as peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. I was a huge fan, something I sadly never outgrew. It was a happy surprise the day I discovered that there are plenty of other adults in the fandom. So I threw together this little list of excellent BSC links for those of you who see a funkily dressed Asian teenager and think Claudia Kishi. Or think of Mallory every time you come across Misty of Chincoteague. Or hear about triplets and automatically think of Adam, Byron and Jordan. Or would totally buy a famous cities skirt if you ever came across it in H&M. You know who you are, and you’re not alone. Happy reading!
BSC Headquarters- this now defunct blog deconstructed the BSC book-by-book in a most hilarious fashion. It was also one of my inspirations in starting this blog.
BSC AG- this blog focuses on the numbers of the BSC, complete with PSA’s and quick summaries.
BSC Rediculosity – Also sadly now defunct, it is what it says it is. Pointing out all the WTF moments of the BSC.
BSC Revisited – Summary recaps of the books.
BSC Chronologically – Summary recaps of the books in chronological order. It’s actually been completed – a noteworthy task!
SMS Cafeteria – Not updated very often, but a blog that looks at the BSC from a real-world perspective.
BSC Timeline – BSC summaries and BSC jackassery!
BSC Snark – this LiveJournal Community allows its members to snark on different BSC books. (I’ve snarked
two three myself – Special Edition Logan’s Story, California Diaries #1, and Claudia and the New Girl.)
Babysittersclub – LJ Community devoted to all things BSC.
What Claudia Wore – An awesome blog devoted to the clothes of our favorite BSC fashionista, Claudia Kishi.
Baby-Sitters Club Proboards. You can connect with other fans on this forum.
thebaby-sittersclub.tumblr.com A BSC Tumblr
http://fuck-yeah-bsc.tumblr.com/ Another BSC Tumblr
BSC Fanfiction – If you’re into that sort of thing, here are some links. The best places to look are at fanfiction.net, AO3, or on a few LJ communities (BSC Fiction, BSCslashfic, Babysitters100) On FFN, you’ll have to wade through piles of crap to find the gold. Some of my own favorite stories.
- Blue – A work in progress (hopefully we’ll get more soon). This is the mother of all Byron/Jeff fics. This is the story that piqued my interest in Byron/Jeff because that ship makes an amazing amount of sense.
- BSC: The Next Generation #6: Byron and the God of California: Another Byron/Jeff. Very funny in that it’s set up in 15 chapters exactly like the books, even with a chapter two exposition AND after the final chapter there are made up summaries of additional Next Generation stories. If you don’t read any of the other fics on this list, please check out this one. All BSC fans could appreciate it, not just Byron/Jeff shippers.
- Life in Stoneybrook: Focuses on the original four, all come back to Stoneybrook as adults for various reasons. Excellent in its general lack of angst, and in cameo appearances by bit players — including a now smokin’ hot Jackie Rodowsky.
- First: This was written for me by Miss_slipslop as a Christmas gift. It has everything I love in one fic. Drunkenness leading to lowered inhibitions, geeky TV show references, slashy goodness, Pike family fun, and lots of fun dialog.
- The truth is, you can’t go wrong with anything on Babysitters100 written by Miss_Slipslop. She writes excellent Pike-centric fic and she writes it well. But one standout (other than the aforementioned First) is Scold, which takes place during The Ghost at Dawn’s House, and is the lecture Mrs. Pike gives to the triplets for being such asshats to Nicky. If you like pre-canon parent fic, her high school fic of John and Dee Pike, Congratulate, is also wonderful.
- Late Bloomer: There isn’t enough Ducky McCrae fiction in this world, so I had to add at least one. Inspired by another favorite, China in Your Hand.
- Autograph: I have a weakness for two things. Drunk!fic and Alan Gray. So this is a two in one special. Also, I love the idea that Mary Anne ever gets drunk.
- Viva Las BSC: A long-ago group project. Hilariously written like Super Special.
- Amsterdam! Amsterdam!: Same as above, a very funny Super-Special parody.
Did I forget any? Leave a comment and I’ll add it here! I want this list to be comprehensive.