Let me clarify a few things. First, I was planning on recapping Deenie by Judy Blume this week, but I can’t find the damn book. Second, this is the first and only BSC Friends Forever Book I ever read. In fact, I had never heard of BSC Friends Forever until I started getting interested in these young adult book blogs. I found this at the library last weekend and I couldn’t resist. Now I know that I can easiy resist any more Friends Forever Books. Anyway…..to the recap!
Ok, so evidently BSC Friends Forever series takes place after eighth grade. I know, how exciting that those girls finally get out of middle school. Only the four original members remain. Mallory, from what I hear, went to boarding school, Dawn returned to California (although she is visiting in this book.) I don’t know where Jessi went. Banished from Stoneybrook for her unfogivable blackness maybe? Did you all know that Jessi is black, because I don’t think it was EVER awkwardly mentioned in every single baby sitters club book starting at Number 14, Hello Mallory.
- One thing I like better about this series than the original series? There is not loooong chapter two with each girl’s history, there is a blurb on the front cover with all that. Nice!
- Another thing I like better? No babysitting! No terrible notebook entries to read with Stacey’s retarded dots her i’s with a heart writing, or Claudia spelling.
- One thing I hated more about this series? Only ONE Claudia outfit!!! WTF? I live for Claudia’s outfits! “Beige linen shorts, an enormous red, blue and purple tie-dyed T-shirt I made earlier in the summer, a pair of earrings I’d made from bottle caps and glitter, and purple high tops with blue socks folded over the top.”
- The Children’s Librarian allows Claudia to make a sign asking for kids’ help with the new mural. It says “Kids, be an artist for the Stoneybrook Library! Ask Ms. Feld in the Children’s room to give you a hand!” But we all know it really looked more like this “Kidds, bee an artest for the Stonybrooke Librerry. Ask Ms. Felt in the Childrin’s rom to give you an hande!”
- The blurb on the back “Alan’s got one last chance. Will Claudia find luv?” I guess Stacey wrote that!
- Dawn goes off about how golf courses are bad for the environment. And even though I hate what an enviro-nazi Dawn became in the later books, she is TOTALLY right about that, but not for the exact reasons she mentioned, which is the pesticides and herbicides used to keep them green….but I won’t bore anyone with a lecture right now because I”m NOT Dawn! Golf courses are the bane of my existence!
- Although this book sucks-ass, it totally made me miss reading the BSC. I’m not going to recap many of them though, because there are TONS of other places you can get that. Here, Here, an old one here, and here.