It’s my three year blogiversary! Happy birthday, blog.
It’s kind of a big deal, because I tend to start things and not finish them. I get sick of things pretty quickly. This list includes, but is not limited to:
- Learning yoga
- Learning Spanish
- Learning to sew
- Two novels (writing, not reading)
So you see, working on this blog for a full three years is huge for me. And I know, the last six months, my attendance here has been spotty. I blame the children. My baby won’t nap regularly and my four year old wants actual attention from his mother (how dare he!). The bigger kid starts morning preschool in a couple weeks…..so it’s possible my output will increase then. No promises.
Anyway. To celebrate the big oh-three, I’m doing lists of threes.
Three favorite books I’ve re-read
My three favorite posts that I’ve written. I really brought my A game on these:
The three worst books I’ve had to slog through. (There are so many! It’s hard to choose just three!)
- Sweet Valley Twins, Teacher’s Pet. (Though this is the book that gave birth to the cunt log. So I can’t complain too much.)
- Taffy Sinclair, Queen of the Soaps
- The Great Mom Swap. Easily the worst book I’ve ever read.
Three books I’m definitely saving for my kids’ library:
Three book reviews that are coming up soon.
- Middle School Blues, Lou Kassem
- The Chicken Pox Papers, Susan Terris
- How I Paid for College; A Novel of Sex, Theft, Friendship & Musical Theater, Marc Acito
My three favorite things about this blog:
- Everyone who comments! I like you guys a whole lot.
- Working out some kinks in my writing skillz. Yes, with a Z.
- I loved getting a mention and being interviewed for Entertainment Weekly.
Three insane search terms used to find my blog and which make me seriously reconsider the things I write:
- Teen boys share underwear on a sleepover
- Young babysitter girl father hookup
- Bill Henrickson’s White Trash Parents. (Seriously. Have I ever even mentioned Big Love on here?)
Three random things that I’ve done in the last three years:
- Had a baby
- Quit my job
- Bought a….sigh….minivan…..sigh. SIGH.
I don’t know guys…..can I keep this shit up for another three years????